ANMAC will assess applications for Nursing Support Worker ANZSCO 423312 and Personal Care Assistant ANZSCO 423313 occupations only.
The cost of this assessment is $545.00.
To apply you must have a Certificate III minimum qualification in a relevant field obtained overseas, including nursing-related study* or study in aged care (minimum course duration of 6 months). You must also be able to provide evidence of at least 120 hours practical experience in the training you completed
full-time paid work experience of at least 12 months in a relevant area completed in Australia or overseas within the last 5 years, including nursing-related work or work in an aged care setting.
‘Relevant’ means a course or work experience where direct care roles and responsibilities are the focus (this does not include disability support or childcare).
*If you are a nurse overseas and have completed a qualification that has led to professional registration, then you are eligible to apply. You will need to provide evidence of current overseas nursing registration. Other nursing-related qualifications will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
You do not need a skills assessment if you obtained your qualification in Australia. If you completed a qualification overseas from an Australian registered training organisation (RTO) you will require a skills assessment.
Please note, this skills assessment does not guarantee you employment or migration to Australia.
If you are a disability support worker or provide general household assistance then you will need to apply for a skills assessment with the Australian Community Workers Association under ANZSCO 423111 Aged or Disabled Carer.
Steps for a Direct Care Occupation skills assessment
The following information and steps may help to minimise delays in the assessment process.
- See our checklist (174 KB) of required documents
- Read requirements for scanned copies before submitting
- View resources and a video on how to upload your documents to ANMAC – watch on YouTube.
- Check ANMAC Direct Care Occupations Fact Sheet
Step 1. If you are using your overseas nursing qualification to apply for the Direct Care Occupation Skills Assessment, you will need to arrange for professional registration verification to be emailed to email@example.com
Where email is unavailable, the relevant authority can post the verification directly to ANMAC.
Please note, ANMAC will not accept emails that are sent from free web-based email accounts. Emails sent from other addresses will be accepted at the discretion of the assessor.
Step 2. Collect and scan copies of the following original supporting documents:
- bio-statistical page(s) of passport
- two other official identity documents, including one official photo bearing document eg. drivers license
- change of name documents (marriage certificate, decree nisi, deed poll)
- an official passport-sized photograph taken in the last 6 months (No selfie-style photo's or photo's with filters will be accepted)
- if applicable, graduation certificates and transcripts from relevant qualifications only – your transcripts need to include commencement and completion dates. If you have completed a non-nursing qualification you will need to provide evidence of 120 hours practical placement.
- if applicable, a professional reference written by a nursing supervisor to support paid work in a direct care role.
If you are employed by an agency, you will need to provide ANMAC with a service statement from your employer detailing dates and hours of employment AND a professional reference written by a nurse who has supervised you in your role as a personal care assistant or nursing support officer.
- Agent Declaration Form (21 KB) – if you have nominated an agent to act on your behalf
Step 3. Create an account on the login page of the ANMAC website. You can only apply once using the same email address. Please use different email addresses for multiple applications.
Step 4. Complete the Direct Care Occupation skills assessment application by:
- completing the online form
- processing your credit card payment – the cost of this assessment is $545.00.
- checking you received an email from ANMAC confirming successful receipt of your application and payment
- contacting us if this confirmation email is not received within 24 hours
- uploading your supporting documents, once payment is confirmed, by going to the my account section in the ANMAC portal
- contacting us if you experience difficulty with document uploads
- avoiding account deletion by submitting your application and payment within one calendar month of creating your account.