Criteria for a Full Skills Assessment
Registered nurse - if you do not hold registration in Australia, but have a minimum Bachelor of nursing qualification from Canada, Hong Kong, Ireland, the United Kingdom or the United States and hold registration as a registered nurse in that same country you qualify for a full skills assessment.
Registered midwife - if you do not hold registration in Australia, but have a minimum Bachelor of midwifery qualification from Ireland, United Kingdom or United States and hold registration as a registered midwife you qualify for a full skills assessment.
Enrolled nurse - you do not qualify for a full skills assessment.
Steps for a Full Skills Assessment
1. Arrange to have verification of your registration emailed to email@example.com This must be done for every country or jurisdiction where you have been registered. Where email is unavailable the relevant authority can post the verification directly to:
Skilled Migration Services
GPO Box 400
Canberra City ACT 2601
Please note, ANMAC will not accept emails that are sent from free web-based email accounts. Emails sent from other addresses will be accepted at the discretion of the assessor.
2. Provide ANMAC with your English language test number and date of completion from the test provider. You must meet the minimum requirements prior to applying for a full skills assessment.
3. Collect and scan copies of the following original supporting documents (requirements for scanned copies):
- proof of identity
- bio-statistical page(s) of passport
- change of name documents (marriage certificate, decree nisi, deed poll)
- an official passport-sized photograph taken in the last 6 months
- Graduation certificate and transcript. Your transcript must include commencement and completion dates, as well as theory and practice hours. If the University cannot provide this information, ANMAC requires a copy of the syllabus to be posted directly to ANMAC.
- Professional references (58 KB) (an example is provided) that support your work as a paid nurse or midwife.
- Agent Declaration Form (21 KB), if you have nominated an agent to act on your behalf.
This information is provided in a checklist (39 KB)
4. Create an account on the login page.
5. Complete the Full Skills Assessment application by:
- completing the online form
- processing your credit card payment
- uploading your supporting documents
We have created videos to assist you with the application process.
You will receive an email from ANMAC confirming receipt of your application and payment. If you have not received this email within 24 hours of applying online or are having difficulty uploading your supporting documentation, please contact us
Linda completed a Bachelor of Science in Nursing at The University of Texas at Austin, United States and has current unconditional registration with the Texas Board of Nursing (the Texas regulatory authority for nursing). She wants to move to Australia with her family and so reads information on the Department of Home Affairs website. Linda learns that she needs a skills assessment for the visa she would like to apply for. She also learns that she needs to complete this assessment before she can apply for her visa.
Linda visits ANMAC’s website and determines she has to undergo a Full Skills Assessment, which means meeting ANMAC’s 5 assessment criteria.
To meet Criteria 2 Linda has to pass one of the four English language tests accepted by ANMAC. Linda books the next available Occupational English Test. She meets ANMAC’s English language requirement having scored two As and two Bs in her test.
Next Linda asks the Texan Board of Nursing to email her Certificate of Current Professional Status (verification of registration) to firstname.lastname@example.org. She also asks The University of Texas for the information on the courses she took, including:
- hours of theoretical and practical instruction
- subjects studied.
- placement details.
Linda includes professional references for her work experience in the emergency department in Dallas so she can apply under ANZSCO Code 254415 (Critical Care and Emergency). She has more than three years of nursing experience in Texas so has her work experience assessed by ANMAC to apply to the Department of Home Affairs for at least 5 extra points with her visa application. Linda has read ANMAC’s professional reference requirements and provides her employers with a copy of ANMAC’s professional reference example (58 KB) to ensure her reference meets the requirements.
Linda accesses the ANMAC website to create an account and submit her application for a Full Skills Assessment. After paying for her skills assessment Linda uploads the supporting documents she had scanned in colour at 600dpi resolution.
Linda checks her application status online and can see that all her documents have been received.
When Linda's skills assessment has been completed, she receives her Letter of Determination stating she is suitable for skilled migration. She visits the Department of Home Affairs website and applies for her visa.