ANMAC’s Skilled Migration Services assesses the skills of nurses and midwives who want to migrate to Australia under the General Skilled Migration program. We determine if an applicant has the nursing or midwifery qualifications and experience needed for permanent migration to Australia.
Who we assess
We assess the skills of:
- internationally qualified nurses
- internationally qualified midwives
- international students studying nursing and midwifery in Australia who have completed their course and are registered in Australia.
What we do
ANMAC is only responsible for assessing the skills of nurses and midwives for migration purposes.
The ANMAC Migration Skills Assessment has no bearing on an application for registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia.
The registration process is independent and separate to the skilled migration process. To work as a nurse or midwife in Australia, you must be registered with the NMBA and meet the Board’s registration standards. Nurses and midwives applying to migrate to Australia, may be asked to provide information on their eligibility to register and therefore work in Australia.
Steps for migration agents to complete a skills assessment
- Read important background information on:
- Read the application requirements relevant to your client.
- Complete the relevant online skills assessment application form.
- Follow the instructions you receive by email after submitting your client’s online application.
Please note: As a migration agent, you cannot certify documents for your client, this is a perceived conflict of interest.