Steps for migration agents to complete a skills assessment
1. Arrange to have verification of your client’s registration emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org This must be done for every country or jurisdiction where they have been registered. Where email is unavailable the relevant authority can post the verification directly to:
Skilled Migration Services
GPO Box 400
Canberra City ACT 2601
Please note, ANMAC will not accept emails that are sent from free web-based email accounts. Emails sent from other addresses will be accepted at the discretion of the assessor.
2. Determine what type of skills assessment your client is eligible for:
- Modified Skills Assessment – holds current registration as a nurse or midwife in Australia or New Zealand
- Full Skills Assessment – holds current registration as a nurse or midwife in a country other than Australia or New Zealand
- Modified PLUS Skills Assessment – holds a current letter of ‘Notice of in principle approval of registration subject to proof of identity from the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)
3. Collect and scan the following original supporting documents provided by your client (requirements for scanned copies):
- Proof of identity
- bio-statistical page(s) of passport
- change of name documents (marriage certificate, decree nisi, deed poll)
- a passport-sized photograph taken in the last 6 months.
- Graduation certificate and transcript, include commencement and completion dates.
- Professional references (200 KB) to support your clients work as a paid nurse or midwife.
Modified PLUS only
- Current 'Notice of in-principle registration subject to proof of identity' from the Australian health practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
Full Applicants only
- English language test results - include the test number and date of completion.
- Transcripts of training, include commencement and completion dates, as well as theory and practice hours. If the university cannot provide this information, ANMAC will accept a copy of the syllabus.
4. Create a new account on the login page using your clients email address.
5. Complete the skills assessment application relevant to your client by:
- completing the online form (completing the migration agent section in this form will make you the primary contact for the skills assessment)
- processing your credit card payment
- uploading the supporting documents.
You will receive an email from ANMAC confirming receipt of the application and payment. If you do not receive this email within 24 hours of submitting the application or are having difficulty uploading supporting documentation, please contact us