Steps for a Modified Skills Assessment
1. Arrange to have verification of your registration emailed to email@example.com This must be done for every country or jurisdiction where you have been registered, except Australia (AHPRA) as this is checked electronically by us. Where email is unavailable the relevant authority can post the verification directly to:
Skilled Migration Services
GPO Box 400
Canberra City ACT 2601
Please note, ANMAC will not accept emails that are sent from free web-based email accounts. Emails sent from other addresses will be accepted at the discretion of the assessor.
2. Collect and scan copies of the following original supporting documents (requirements for scanned copies):
- proof of identity
- bio-statistical page(s) of passport
- change of name documents (marriage certificate, decree nisi, deed poll)
- an official passport-sized photograph taken in the last 6 months
- Graduation certificate and transcript. Your transcript must include commencement and completion dates.
- Professional references (58 KB) to support your work as a paid nurse or midwife.
- Agent Declaration Form (21 KB), if you have nominated an agent to act on your behalf.
This information is provided in a checklist (39 KB)
3. Create an account on the login page. You can only apply once using the same email address. Please use a different email address for multiple applications.
4. Complete the Modified Skills Assessment application by:
- completing the online form
- processing your credit card payment
- uploading your supporting documents
We have created videos to assist you with the application process.
You will receive an email from ANMAC confirming receipt of your application and payment
- If you have not received this email within 24 hours of applying online or are having difficulty uploading your supporting documentation, please contact us.
- To avoid account deletion you will need to submit your application and pay for your assessment within one month of creating your account.
Charlie is a nurse registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council in the United Kingdom and practicing as a nurse at a hospital in Glasgow. He previously worked as a nurse in Australia and has maintained his registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA).
Charlie wants to migrate to Australia so he reads the information on the Department of Home Affairs website and learns he needs a valid skills assessment to apply for his visa.
After reviewing the information on ANMAC’s website, Charlie determines that he qualifies for a Modified Skills Assessment because he is registered with the NMBA.
Charlie gathers the supporting documentation required for his assessment, scans and uploads them to his computer. He scans the original documents in colour at 600dpi resolution.
After reviewing the information on ANZSCO codes, Charlie learns that his work on an orthopaedic ward relates to 254424 Registered Nurse (Surgical). He gives ANMAC’s professional reference template (58 KB) to his manager to write a reference so he can gain access to extra points for his work experience against the ANZSCO code. Charlie also has experience from other hospitals, so he arranges to get professional references from his previous managers so he can accumulate the maximum amount of points for his work experience against the code.
Charlie accesses the ANMAC website to create an account and submit his application for a Modified Skills Assessment. After paying for his skills assessment Charlie uploads his supporting documents.
Charlie checks his application status online and can see that all his documents have been received.
Charlie receives his Letter of Determination by email when his skills assessment has been completed. He can now apply for his visa through the Department of Home Affairs